BLOG        EVENTS        RECENT ACQUISITIONS

Monday, May 7, 2012


Here it is Monday and the gallery has been busy today so I am a little delayed in getting to this. Yesterday being Sunday I decided to have a day of rest, though I did go and see some incredible new work by Jamie Jardine. I have been showing Jamie since I opened in 2000 and his work is truly amazing. What was particularly interesting with this new body of work was his entry in to abstract and semi-abstract. It is going to be exciting to watch this develop. This semi-abstract references an island that is a recurring theme in his work and watching its many mutations and permutations over the years has been fascinating. This painting will be available in the gallery sometime tomorrow as will some of his new abstracts. Tomorrow check out our acquisitions blog for some images of Jamie's latest work.

As many of you may know I have been writing a book on the late Ruth Gowdy-Mckinley RCA (1931-1981). I am pleased to report that it will be available this coming August. Now that the Dexter book has been put to bed it is time to do the same with the book on Ruth. This will be published at the same time as the book  on Joanne M. Copp. Needless to say this will keep me busy for the next little while.

Many of you may be aware of Reed Weir. Reed is the artist who created Flood at Furnace Cove that we sponsored a few years ago. Reed has been working on a new exhibition that will be opening at the Mary E. Black gallery in Halifax in June. I am pleased to report that the exhibition will be coming to London in September. Now that you know the where: pay attention to this blog and you will be kept apprised of the how and when of the Horizon Watchers! It is an interesting show that I am sure you will enjoy.





No comments: